IPEC specializes in turnkey field industrial pipe and steel process system design. Our capabilities include the fabrication and installation shop drawings of process and all necessary process detail engineering needs for our customers.
Our process design specialists conduct detailed assessments to understand and implement designs that integrate cost effective, efficient, and appropriate process technology for your manufacturing and business needs. We optimize your process designs for efficient construction, installation, validation, start-up, training, operation, and maintenance to reduce your costs and shorten project delivery schedules.
IPEC brings a multidiscipline approach to the design and layout of process piping, utility piping, and bulk material handling systems. Our focus is on safety, efficiency, and accessibility.
Our personnel have extensive experience across a variety of industries with the following piping materials and systems:
- Carbon steel, stainless steel, and standard and exotic metals
- Plastics and fiberglass
- Jacketed, double containment, Teflon-lined, and glass-lined
- Sanitary and CIP
Using specialized software and 3D modeling, we are able to take you on a virtual tour of design layout options, providing your engineering, production, and maintenance staff with a greater understanding of how new or renovated facilities will look and operate after construction.
Costumized Software Packages
Our design specialists use several different kinds of software packages tailored to your project needs, including:
2D CAD drafting software AutoCAD®
3D modeling software from Intergraph (PDS®, CADWorx®, SmartPlant®), Bentley (AutoPIPE®, AutoPLANT®, Navigator®, OpenPlant®), Autodesk (Revit®), and CEA Systems (Plant-4D)
Caesar® II by Intergraph (used for stress analysis)
The benefits of using 3D modeling can be realized in all phases of a project:
- Piping fabrication isometrics and bills of material are easily extracted from the 3D computer model, resulting in better quality mechanical contractor bids delivered in less time. Time and money spent by your selected contractor to generate such documents early in the construction phase can be eliminated, improving your project schedules and saving you money.
- 3D modeling significantly reduces the number of interferences and errors that can occur in highly congested areas.
- These benefits, coupled with the up-front improved understanding of how the constructed facility will look and operate, help to minimize costly change orders during the construction phase of a project.